Practical Object-Oriented Design in Ruby
Practical Object-Oriented Design in Ruby (POODR) is a programmers tale about how to write object-oriented code. It explains object-oriented design (OOD) using realistic, understandable examples. POODR is a practical, readable introduction to how OOD can lower your costs and improve your applications.
POODR will help you:
- Decide what belongs in a single class
- Avoid entangling objects that should be kept separate
- Define flexible interfaces among objects
- Reduce programming overhead costs with duck typing
- Successfully apply inheritance
- Build objects via composition
- Design cost-effective tests
- Craft simple, straightforward, understandable code
If your code is killing you and the joy is gone, POODR has the cure.